- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 1-1/2 cups Chocolate Chunks or 6 ounces of favorite dark chocolate
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or pure canned coconut milk
- Warm heavy cream on top of double boiler.
- Add chocolate.
- Stir until melted.
- Remove from double boiler. While warm, pour over cupcakes.
- Add chocolate chips and cream to microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds and then stir. Continue to microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted and ganache has formed.
Whipped Ganache Frosting
- 1 batch Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- Place Ganache in refrigerator and allow to chill for 30-60 minutes.
- Whip with beaters until soft to stiff peaks form.
- Allow to set for 5 minutes and then stir. This will keep it from breaking up when you are piping it on cupcakes.