Well, it’ Friday and for some, that means pizza! I have made MANY grain-free and low-carb dough-re-me pizzas over the last 7 years. Some just with MEAT, some on a grain-free crust/flatbread and others almost like a casserole but this pizza recipe is the closest to real pizza I have ever had! Don’t fool around with even the cauliflower crust, this recipe is SO MUCH easier and delicious!
I can’t take credit for the recipe though. Fathead pizzas have been around for about 6 years. It was created by Tom Naughton in 2013. Tom, I don’t know you but you are a GENIUS!
The dough of the pizza consist of basically mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, eggs and almond flour. The rest is just lagniappe. The dough is so stretchy and pliable, just like real gluten pizza is.
I modified Tom’s recipe and made it a bit bigger, this recipe will make a 12″ pizza! This recipe is SO simple and delicious, I can’t wait for you to fool your friend and family! 🙂
Of course, this recipe contains dairy. That is what gives this dough it’s structure. If you are looking for a great dairy-free pizza crust, give this on a try. My dairy-free son LOVES it. I do purchase dairy-free cheese and add just a little bit on top. I keep the cheese in the freezer since I don’t use much.
Get the Wheat-Free Market Chicken Pizza Crust recipe HERE.
This recipe is a great way to get the kids in the kitchen helping!
Try these recommended products:
Family Size Fathead Pizza (Regular or BBQ)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded (2 cups)
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablepsoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce or BBQ sauce
- 1/2 pound cooked Italian Sausage
- Pepperoni Slices
- Pineapple tidbits
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment and set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, microwave the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese, 30 seconds at a time until soft.
- Add egg and almond flour and stir.
- Microwave for another 15-20 seconds and then stir again until dough forms and all ingredients have been incorporated.
- Place dough on lined cookie sheet and pour olive oil on dough and hands and press out into a 12 inch circle. Makes sure dough is even in thickness.
- Sprinkle crust with salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or just until crust starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and top with marinara (or BBQ) sauce, and other favorite pizza toppings.
- Return pizza to oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt and the edges of the crust brown.
- To prevent sweating, transfer pizza to cooling rack or slice and serve.
By clicking on any links in my blog, you are helping me continue doing what I LOVE to do! Also, when purchasing items from Amazon, consider clicking on THIS affiliate link. Anything you purchase within 24 hours after clicking on THIS link, I will receive a small commission as well. This commission helps compensate me for my time, and justifies the hours a day that I spend in the kitchen creating recipes, on the computer posting blogs, and sharing helpful information with you. Thanks again for all of your support, it is greatly appreciated! More great recipes to come!