Chicken, bacon and Alfredo Sauce… you can’t go wrong with that combination! I haven’t eaten wheat or grain filled pasta in over 2 years. Guess what?? I don’t miss it! I don’t miss the bloat, fatigue and weight gain, PERIOD! When I come to think about it, It was never the pasta that I wanted. but the goodness that was slather on top of it like ALFREDO sauce! Spaghetti squash makes the perfect pasta substitution. Be sure to use my Crock Pot method, it’s SO easy! This recipe is sort of a combination of my Cajun Chicken Alfredo and my Cajun Chicken Cordon Bleu. Who says you just have to just eat a piece of baked meat and steamed veggies?? If you want your family on board with this lifestyle, feed them food that taste good. And this meal my friend… Taste GREAT! Speaking of flavor, be sure to sprinkle my Cajun Seasoning on EVERYTHING… it will make a card board box taste good! 😉
The only thing this meal is missing is my Better Than Red Lobster Biscuits!
My favorite way to cook chicken, especially when wrapped in bacon is in my Convection Counter-top Oven. It allows the bacon to get crisp and the chicken to get done at the same time. I also don’t have broilers in my ovens (apparently all restaurants use a salamander type broiler) so it’s a must to have when I want to broil. I also love using the Counter Top Oven to cook bacon all by itself. No splatter and it only takes about 10-12 minutes!
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally or 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Cajun House Seasoning
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/2 of a cooked Spaghetti Squash
- 1 bunch broccoli. cut & steamed until tender (about 10 minutes)
- 1 small tomato, diced (optional)
- 2 tbsp. salted butter
- 1/4 cup salted butter (or bacon drippings or combo of the two)
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 cup cream
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup water (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly season both side of chicken with Cajun Seasoning.
- Place 1 tbsp. of cream cheese on the corner of the chicken.
- Roll chicken then wrap with bacon and sprinkle with more Cajun Seasoning.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is done (or internal temperature of 165 degrees F)
- If additional browning of the bacon is needed, turn the broiler on to brown bacon before removing from the oven.
- Set aside.
- Toss cooked broccoli with butter and season with Cajun Seasoning to taste.
- Follow directions on blog to prepare spaghetti squash in crock pot.
- Using a fork, scrape the inside of the squash to remove the "spaghetti"
- Add butter to large pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cream to pan and whisk.
- Continue to whisk and slowly add Parmesan cheese.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust if needed.
- Turn off heat.
- If Alfredo sauce becomes too thick, whisk in the 1/4 cup of water.
- Place spaghetti squash on plate, followed by the Alfredo sauce and then the bacon wrapped chicken. Serve with broccoli and diced tomatoes.
- Add cooked "spaghetti" to the Alfredo sauce then add broccoli and stir. Top with tomatoes and serve with the bacon wrapped chicken on the side.