This recipe is for my sister. When I lived in Georgia, we would go to Applebee’s and eat their Chicken Broccoli Pasta Alfredo. It was divine. She likes it so much that she makes it at home using the boxed noodles with powdered Alfredo sauce. This recipe is better than Applebee’s and is so easy to make and it is REAL food! Now that I am in Louisiana, I like some spice so the Cajun House Seasoning gives this alfredo a little kick!
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
2 pounds of chicken breast, 2 inch cubes
Cajun House Seasoning
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 head cauliflower
1 bunch of broccoli (or frozen)
1 tomato, diced
1/4 cup of butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- Heat large pan and add oil.
- Add chicken breast and sear on both sides. Season with Tony’s or another Cajun seasoning. Meat doesn’t have to be all the way cooked, it will finish in Alfredo Sauce.
- While meat is searing, cut up broccoli and cauliflower into bite size chunks. Steam in a few inches of water or in steamer. Drain and season with Salt. Set aside.
- For Alfredo Sauce: Melt butter then add heavy cream. Keep on low and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese and garlic.
- Add Alfredo sauce on top of chicken and turn down heat. Cook for 5-10 minutes until chicken is done.
- Serve over cauliflower and broccoli and top with diced tomatoes.