Makes 4 LARGE cupcakes or 8 regular size
- 1/2 cup almond flour (not packed)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2-3/4 tsp Stevia Select Stevia or sweetener of choice, to taste (start with the least amount and add more if needed)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus 1 tablespoon (or dairy of choice)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Blend dry ingredients with fork. In separate bowl, combine wet ingredients and mix well. Add wet ingredients to dry. If it looks too dry, add a bit more liquid.
Divide into 8 cupcake tins (use liners) or 4 small ramekins to bake Large cupcakes (lube generously). Bake for about 20 minutes for cupcakes and 25-30 minutes if using small ramekins. (Use toothpick to check for doneness). See note above.
Top with EASY Chocolate Ganache (recipe below)
Easy Chocolate Ganache
1-1/2 cup Homemade Chocolate Chunks (or dark chocolate chips)
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 tsp vanilla
- Warm heavy cream on top of double boiler.
- Add chocolate chunks and stir until melted.
- Remove from double boiler & while warm, pour over cupcakes.
Note: You will have Ganache left over.
Whipped Ganache Frosting
1 cup (or more) of Chocolate Ganache (recipe above)
- Place prepared chocolate ganache in refrigerator and allow to chill for around an hour. Whip with beaters until soft to stiff peaks form.
- Allow to set for 5 minutes and then stir. This will keep it from breaking up when you are piping it on cupcakes.
- You can either spread this on cooled cupcakes or place a piping tip in the corner of a Ziplock bag and pipe as you like! 😉