This recipe is so easy and the presentation is SO much fun!! Be sure to watch my YouTube video tutorial to learn how to make these yummy Pumpkin Cake Pops and also learn some of my tips when it come to grain-free and low-carb baking! Enjoy.
TIPS & SUBSTITUTIONS:
- Nut butter options: I prefer cashew butter or almond butter (THIS kind has no added sugar or salt). YES, you can definitely make your own almond butter or cashew butter but I did not.
- Sweetener Options: I used 99% Stevia Select and and additional 1 tablespoon honey (from our bees) but you could also use any sugar substitute or even coconut sugar. The key is to taste BEFORE you bake so that the sweetness can be adjusted. If using sugar or sugar equivalent, use 1/2 cup measurement. You may also have to cook a few additional minutes.
- Pumpkin alternative: These are pumpkin but you can also use mashed sweet potatoes, banana or unsweetened applesauce.
- Nut-Free Option: Sunflower seed butter or pumpkin seed butter.
- White chocolate Option: These would be AWESOME dipped in white chocolate.
Be sure to watch my video for more tips and tricks as well has helpful tips for grain-free baking.
Materials you’ll need to make the Base and Cake Pops:
- Small festive container or basket
- Craft styrofoam (like THESE but PLEASE get them for $1 at dollar store, not Amazon, you will need about 3)
- Popsicle sticks
- Clear treat bags (get them from $1 store)
- Cake Pop Pan (like this one)
Check out my YouTube video for step by step directions! Be sure to subscribe to my Channel. 🙂
- 1/2 cup almond or cashew butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (if nut butter doesn't have salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- Heaping 1/8 teaspoon Stevia Select Stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- About 8 oz favorite chocolate chips (I like these and try THESE Low-carb ones)
Preheat oven to 335 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate. Blend well and taste for sweetness.
Lube the top and bottom of your cake pop pan. Using a 2 tablespoon measurement, fill wells with cake batter (I used THIS 1 TBSP scoop and used 2 scoops per hole). Should be enough batter for 13-14 pops.
Bake for about 15 minutes. Carefully remove top of pan and remove cake pops to cooling rack and cool complete.
Prepare tempered chocolate
Temper chocolate in 2 batches so that chocolate doesn't harden before you finish dipping all the cake pops.
Melt 3 oz of chocolate chips in microwave (or double broiler) 30 seconds at a time and stir well after each 30 seconds. Once chocolate is ALMOST completely melted, stir in last 1 ounce of chocolate. Keep stirring until chocolate completely melts.
Use popsicle stick or special cap pop sticks in cake pop, cover cake pop in chocolate using a spoon, being careful that cake pop doesn't fall off of stick. Cover cake completely with chocolate.
Either cool on parchment paper or use craft styrofoam (like THESE but PLEASE get them for $1 at dollar store, not Amazon, you will need about 3) and stick the sticks in the foam to allow to dry and the chocolate to harden. Once hardened, place cake pops in clear treat bags (get them from $1 store) and create bouquet (see video).
Some of the links contained in this post are Affiliate Links. If you make a purchase through the links provided, I will receive a small (very small) commission which I used to buy more ingredients to create more recipes. This is at NO cost to you! I have chosen these products not to receive a commission, but because I think they are the best on the market. These are ingredients and equipment that I actually use. This commission helps compensate me for my time, and justifies the hours a day that I spend in the kitchen creating recipes, on the computer posting blogs, and sharing helpful information with you.
By clicking on any links in my blog, you are helping me continue doing what I LOVE to do! Also, when purchasing items from Amazon, consider clicking on THIS affiliate link. Anything you purchase within 24 hours after clicking on THIS link, I will receive a small commission as well. Thanks again for all of your support, it is greatly appreciated! More great recipes to come!