One of my favorite foods… Guacamole! I have determined that folks don’t like it because they haven’t had the real thing. Homemade Guacamole is SO easy to make and 10-millions times better than the stuff you buy at the store! I’m not kidding about this.
All you need is 3 simple ingredients (and a few more if you want the deluxe style which is my personal favorite)!
Guacamole is one of my favorite snacks because not only does it taste good but it is so filling! All those good fats give me satiety. I eat it by itself right with a spoon, eat them with bacon chips (see recipe below), cheese chips or with a burger. I love it and I feel that this guacamole and my homemade egg salad I have been making with our fresh eggs, my homemade mayo and my homemade sweet pickles has helped get the last bit of my baby weight off. Remember, fat, especially good fats are good for our bodies and our metabolism.
I personally like my guacamole with everything: cilantro, onion, tomato and jalapeno but at the minimal, it must have the addition of onion. It makes the texture perfect! If you are a guacamole newbie, start with the basic recipe of avocado, lime juice and salt and then add the onion and go from there. When you get a little braver, add just a bit of cilantro. Expand your palate. 🙂
Choosing the right avocado
Choosing an avocado seems intimidating to most. It’s so funny to watch people stand at the avocados and touch, press and sometimes even smell, lol. They desperately want the perfect avocado. Use these images below to help you select the perfect avocado. Don’t worry if it’s under ripe, trust me it will be ready in a few days.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Even if you swear you don’t like guacamole, give it a try. Half the recipe. Use the basic recipe of avocados, salt and lime juice and definitely add the onion. It will give a bit of texture to the avocado that really helps those you need it.
So, let me know in the comments below, do you love avocados & guacamole?
Low-Carb/Keto Chips & Dip: Best Guacamole & Bacon Chips
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 small onion finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 small jalapeno seeded & finely minced (optional)
- 1/2 small tomato seeded & diced (optional)
- Carefully cut avocado horizontally around diameter with sharp knife. CAREFULLY REMOVE THE SEED using the knife (or THIS TOOL).Use one of THESE handy avocado tools or ust slice the avocado in it’s skin horizontally and vertically to create small pieces. Then use spoon to remove flesh from the skin to a small bowl.Sprinkle lime juice over flesh. This is for flavor and to keep avocados from turning brown so quick. Add salt and stir. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed. Now is the time to add extra ingredients such as cilantro, onion, jalapeno and tomato. Stir in ingredients and taste again for seasoning. A bit more salt is likely needed.Cover guacamole completely with plastic wrap (it should be touching guacamole directly) and refrigerate until needed. If covered, will stay fresh for about 2 days but this will depend on the individual avocados that are used. Serve with bacon or cheese chips or favorite veggie slices.
Some of the links contained in this post are Affiliate Links. If you make a purchase through the links provided, I will receive a small (very small) commission which I used to buy more ingredients to create more recipes. This is at NO cost to you! I have chosen these products not to receive a commission, but because I think they are the best on the market. These are ingredients and equipment that I actually use. This commission helps compensate me for my time, and justifies the hours a day that I spend in the kitchen creating recipes, on the computer posting blogs, and sharing helpful information with you.
By clicking on any links in my blog, you are helping me continue doing what I LOVE to do! Also, when purchasing items from Amazon, consider clicking on THIS affiliate link. Anything you purchase within 24 hours after clicking on THIS link, I will receive a small commission as well. Thanks again for all of your support, it is greatly appreciated! More great recipes to come!