What is it about raw cookie dough that is so addictive!? Well, maybe it is all the sugar, wheat and other garbage they put in the tub?!? Don’t be fooled by that cute little face and that silly little laugh, store bought cookie dough is no good for you no matter how good it taste!
Hmmm… No gluten, but filled with sugar, rice flour, soy lecithin, natural flavor, palm oil, canola oil, corn starch, potato starch, tapioca starch, xanthan gum and more natural flavor for good measure! GOOD GRIEF… this is ridiculous! How many people buy this cookie dough thinking they are eating healthier!?!?
Make your own Grain-Free Cookie Dough
It’s easy and SO much healthier than the stuff you can buy. Eat it with a spoon or pop it in the oven for some yummy, grain-free cookies! Also, consider making these into Cookie Dough Truffles! Simply use a small scoop and dip the formed balls of cookie dough into THIS ganache recipe!
This recipe is delicious as listed but can be modified to fit your specific dietary needs and goals. Here are a few modifications that I KNOW will work. If you modify it in any other way, please let me know in the comments below.
- Sweetener: Use any sweetener you choose. Be sure to check out THIS post about why I use stevia and VERY small amounts of either raw honey or organic coconut sugar in recipes. As always, taste for sweetness and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
- Nut-Free: For nut-free, substitute ground raw sunflower seeds in the place of the almond flour.
- Dairy-Free: Use coconut oil or raw cacao butter in the place of butter.
- Individual Servings: Use a small scoop of cookie dough and form it into balls and dip into THIS ganache.
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour or (TT)
- 1 tsp. baking powder (not needed if you are not baking the cookies)
- 1/4 tsp plus 2 servings KAL® Pure Stevia or sweetener of choice (to taste)*
- 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips**
- 5 tbsp. salted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
**Use your desired sweetener. I still have the old formula of KAL Stevia that contains NO maltodextrin. The Organic KAL Stevia continues not to contain maltodextrin. You can also use 1/2 tsp. of Organic Sweet Leaf Stevia (to taste). If you can handle the additional carboydrates, 1/4 cup of coconut sugar or raw honey would also work.
In a medium bowl, mix almond flour and coconut flour until blended well. Then add sweetener, nuts, chocolate chips, butter and vanilla and blend well with wooden spoon. Taste for sweetness and adjust if needed. Enjoy!
To make actual cookies, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a small scooper, make uniform balls of dough and place them on cookie sheet, 3 inches apart. Using bottom of glass or hands, flatten dough into round cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Cool on wire rack before eating (they will be crumbly if eaten when warm). Enjoy!
Store in Fridge or Freezer and bring to room temperature before serving.
Dairy Free Option: Try using ghee or melted cacao butter in place of the butter and add a pinch of salt.
61 Calories, 5 grams of Fat, 2 Net Carbs, 1 gram Protein per 1 tbsp.