Creamy spinach and my secret ingredient… Spaghetti Squash! This side dish is so good and the texture of the spaghetti squash really adds to this recipe! Spaghetti squash is such a versatile food and EASY to prepare in the Slow Cooker!
If you still haven’t tried spaghetti squash, you seriously don’t know what you are missing! They are in season now here in Louisiana and I have been getting them pretty regularly from the farmer’s market.
Check out THIS post about how to cook spaghetti squash in a slow cooker! You can also roast it in the oven but I like the slow cooker method.
Be sure to check out all of my “Side Dish” recipes HERE!
What other sides would you like to see me make??
I hope you enjoy and thanks for sharing!
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 tbsp. crushed garlic or 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1/2 tbsp. Cajun Seasoning
In a large skillet over medium heat, add the spinach. Cook for about 5 minutes or until all the excess water has evaporated. Next add garlic, heavy cream, parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese has melted and is smooth. Lastly, add the spaghetti squash and Cajun seasoning. Stir well and taste for salt.
- Nutrition: 150 Calories, 13.5 grams Fat, 4.5 Total Carbs, 1 gram Fiber, 3.5 Net Carbs, 5 grams protein