These cookies are Easy and Delicious, sure to impress even your sugar & grain-loving friends! 🙂 I use a different method (I don’t roll the dough balls in cinnamon but actually add the cinnamon to the dough), but I know you are going to love them.
Want to make these nut-free? Just use raw ground sunflower seeds in the place of almond flour.
I hope you enjoy and thanks for sharing!
Makes approximately 20 cookies
- 1-1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. grain-free baking powder
- 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 tsp. cinnamon (add more if you really like cinnamon)
- Scant 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. Stevia Select Stevia or granular sweetener of choice, to taste*
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. homemade vanilla extract or THIS
- 1 tbsp. organic coconut sugar (optional)
- Extra cinnamon to sprinkle on top of cookies before baking
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicon mat and set a side. In a large bowl, blend dry ingredients well, making sure there are no lumps. Add the remaining ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until the butter and egg have been blended well into the flours.
Taste for sweetness and adjust if needed. (Be careful not to add too much stevia or the final product will be bitter. This is why I choose to use other sweeteners to suppliment the recipe but because only small amounts are used, the recipe remains low-carb.)
Using a small scoop (1-1/2 tbsp.) , scoop cookie dough onto prepared pans, about 3 inches apart. Using your hand or flat bottomed glass, press the balls of dough out into an symmetrical circle. If the edges are jagged, use your hands to shape the cookies into perfect circles of even thickness (to ensure even cooking). Sprinkle extra cinnamon on top of the cookies before placing in the oven.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes on the pan before carefully transferring the cookies to a cooling rack.
- 70 Calories, 6 grams Fat, 3 Total Carbs, 1 gram Fiber, 2 Net Carbs, 1 gram Protein per cookie