Merry Christmas and happy holidays! Wow, I cannot believe 2018 is almost over.
The kids are growing like weeds as you can see! I can’t believe they’ll be 3, 6 and 8 in just a few short months!
I want to thank you for your support over the last 7 years. I truly appreciate your kind words and you sharing my recipes and post with others. 🙂
As everyone is getting ready for the holidays, I wanted to share with you a simple and delicious cookie recipe that I will now be making every year.
Ok, so back to these gingerbread cookies… they are absolutely delicious! Probably the closest to the real cookie that I’ve made over the last 7 years!
- The dough is oily. Don’t worry, it’s normal.
- Roll out dough evenly to ensure even baking.
- The dough is a little fragile so you can transfer the gingerbread dough as I did in the video or remove all the “extra” dough in the beginning before transfering the shapes to your baking pan.
- You can roll them out and use cookie cutters or just scoop out the dough and roll into balls and flatten with your hands. Use a traditional gingerbread cutter or these cool ninja gingerbread cutters! My boys would lone these!
- Skip the frosting if you like or decorate with my sugar-free frosting that may be better than the real thing! It hardens beautifully just like a cookie frosting should. Just be sure to start with less water in the beginning and only at is much is you need to get the right consistency. I don’t even mix in a bowl, I just mix in a disposable sandwich bag doubles as a piping bag! You’ll want to slightly thicker consistency if you’re writing on the cookies and a little thinner consistency if covering the entire cookie with frosting.
If you followed me over the last seven years you’ll know that I mainly use Stevia and recipes. These cookies turn out great with only using Stevia but I wanted to add a little extra sweetness and opted to use the powdered Swerve. It worked out great because the powdered Swerve made a delicious frosting to top the cookies with.
I do not plan on using Swerve to sweeten entire recipes because it is so expensive! Stevia Select is still my main sweetener of choice.
Be sure to check out my quick and simple video on YouTube. Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel! As soon as I hit 1000 subscribers (I’m over half way there!), I’ll be doing a HUGE giveaway!
Gingerbread Cookies (Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free)
1/2 cup cashew or almond butter
1/2 cup almond flour
1 large egg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp each: pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, ground ginger
1/4 tsp Stevia Select or powdered sweetener of choice
2-1/2 tbsp powdered Swerve (optional)
Preheat oven to 325°F.
In a medium bowl blend all ingredients well with a wooden spoon. Dough will be a bit oily. (If the dough seems a bit soft, add another tablespoon of almond flour.)
Roll dough between two pieces of plastic wrap to between 1/8-1/4 inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters and then gently transfer to parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 10-11 minutes. Transfer and allow to cool on wire rack.
2 tablespoon powdered sweetener (I used Swerve)
1-1/2-2 tsp water
Mix powdered sweetener and water. Add more water if needed until spreadable consistency, like for sugar cookies.
Decorate cooled cookies. Frosting will dry in about 5 minutes.
Some of the links contained in this post are Affiliate Links. If you make a purchase through the links provided, I will receive a small (very small) commission which I used to buy more ingredients to create more recipes. This is at NO cost to you! I have chosen these products not to receive a commission, but because I think they are the best on the market. These are ingredients and equipment that I actually use. This commission helps compensate me for my time, and justifies the hours a day that I spend in the kitchen creating recipes, on the computer posting blogs, and sharing helpful information with you.
By clicking on any links in my blog, you are helping me continue doing what I LOVE to do! Also, when purchasing items from Amazon, consider clicking on THIS affiliate link. Anything you purchase within 24 hours after clicking on THIS link, I will receive a small commission as well. Thanks again for all of your support, it is greatly appreciated! More great recipes to come!