I LOVE ranch dressing, but ONLY if it is homemade. Homemade ranch is so easy, and after I show you the ingredients in the store bought stuff, you will NEVER buy it again! They should call it “The Hidden Valley of Questionable Ingredients” after taking a look at the label.
Hidden Valley Ranch Ingredients:
Vegetable oil, egg yolk, sugar, salt, buttermilk, spices, garlic, onion, vinegar, phosphoric acid, xanthan gum, modified food starch, MSG, artificial flavors, disodium phosphate, sorbic acid, calcium disodium EDTA, disodium inosinate and disodium guanylate.
Just say NO to the yucky and tasteless stuff in the bottle and make your own following my EASY recipe! What do you use Ranch Dressing for?? Pizza? Veggies? Imagine these recipes slathered in Extra Zesty Ranch Dressing!
- Dairy-free: Substitute homemade olive oil mayo (I have a GREAT recipe in the cookbook) in the place of the sour cream. When choosing sour cream, make sure there is only one ingredient…Cream!
- Use half mayo and half sour cream. Just hold off on the salt until the end and season to taste! Enjoy!
- Want a Mexican Ranch? Hold off on the salt and add 1 tbsp (or more) or Taco Seasoning!
- Peppercorn Ranch: Be sure to use FRESH cracked pepper.
- Blue Cheese Dressing: Omit the dill and add your favorite blue cheese.
Extra Zesty Dry Ranch Seasoning2014-08-16 07:30:15
Makes about 1/2 cup.Write a reviewIngredientsInstructions
Satisfying Eats https://satisfyingeats.com/
Blend all ingredients in medium bowl then transfer to mason jar.
Use to season breadcrumbs, or sprinkle on your favorite meats and veggies.
Taken and modified from the Satisfying Eats Cookbook
Makes a 1.5 cups; >2 Net Carbs per 2 tbsp.
- 1 cup sour cream (or 1/2 cup mayo and 1/2 cup sour cream)
- 1/2 cup milk or unsweetened almond milk (or more depending on desired consistancy)
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried dill weed (or fresh)
- 1-1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1-1/4 tsp. black pepper (fresh ground is best for extra spice)
- 1-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. raw apple cider vinegar (optional: add 1 extra tbsp)
- 1/8-1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
In medium bowl, blend all ingredients well with whisk. Taste for seasonings and adjust if needed. Store in for refrigerator for up to 1 week.
You will never buy bottled again!
The faces of Satisfying Eats
Some of the links contained in this post are Affiliate Links. If you make a purchase through the links provided, I will receive a small (very small) commission which I will use to buy more ingredients to create more recipes. This is at NO cost to you! I have chosen these products not to receive a commission, but because I think they are the best on the market. These are ingredients and equipment that I actually use. This commission helps compensate me for my time, and justifies the hours each day that I spend in the kitchen creating recipes, on the computer posting blogs, and sharing helpful information with you.
By clicking on any of links in my blog, you are helping me continue doing what I LOVE to do! Also, when purchasing items from Amazon, consider clicking on THIS affiliate link. Anything you purchase within 24 hours after clicking on THIS link, I will receive a small commission as well. Thanks again for all of your support, it is greatly appreciated! More great recipes to come!