For more FREE Meal Planning Recipes, Click HERE!
- Easy Pizza
- Are you HUNGRY yet??
I did a one week meal planning over a year ago and everyone seemed to love it! Life has been so busy that I have not had a chance to post another until now! (Life is still busy with 2 under 2 but I think this is important.)
My Tips to Meal Planning
- On the weekends, plan your menu for the week so you can plan your shopping trip. If you have a list, you will spend less at the grocery store and not have to ask that dreaded question, “What am I going to cook tonight for dinner?” Start by looking at your menu and making a list of the foods that you will need.
- After you get back from grocery store, use this time to do prep work. For me, this is a good time to make bread, waffles for the week and other breakfast foods. You can also chop or process your veggies like shredding cauliflower for the next week’s meals.
- Be sure to look at recipe and serving size and prepare accordingly. Make enough extras for lunches and the freezer!
The key is PLANNING! Don’t get caught without the right food in the fridge which will lead to the wrong food in your tummy! Just by planning the week’s meals, you will save $$ & time, two very valuable things to me!
~Of course, you don’t have to prepare breads, muffins and biscuits to eat grain-free! These are definitely convenience foods (once you have prepared them). The bread is a great thing to keep on hand in case you forgot to thaw meat for dinner… then you can have a sandwich instead of stopping by a fast food restaurant on the way home!
~Also, you can always have dinner from the night before for breakfast, ideally, that is easiest. This meal plan is for those used to cereal and sandwiches. Here are my grain-free & lower carb substitutes!
~I assume that you will eat leftovers for dinner the next day or make a sandwich using the grain-free bread recipe provided.
If the right amount of planning is done on the weekend, dinner should come together in 30 minutes or less! Also, my method involves preparing breakfast foods on the weekend when you technically have more time (if you don’t, make the time)!
This is just a template… add to or take away to customize it to your needs and pallet. Hope this helps!
1 batch Breakfast Sausage Balls
2 batches of Nut-Free Buns or Tasty Sandwich Buns from Cookbook
** Bake all items and refrigerated until ready to use.
~Shred cauliflower for Chicken Perlo and refrigerate.
~Chicken Stock from Cookbook (or your favorite recipe)
Breakfast: Heat Breakfast Sausage Balls eaten with fruit of choice (I prefer berries like strawberries and blueberries).
Lunch: Favorite Sandwich using Buns or leftovers from weekend
Dinner: Chicken Perlo
*Prepare Dinner in Crockpot: Taco Soup in Crockpot (Cook on Low)
Lunch: Leftover Chicken Perlo
Dinner: Taco Soup
Breakfast: Egg (or locally processed sausage) Biscuit on Nut-Free Buns
Prepare Dinner in Crockpot: Coconut Chipotle Chicken Thighs (Cook on Low)
Lunch: Leftover Taco Soup
Dinner: Coconut-Chipotle Chicken Thighs from Crockpot
Breakfast: Bacon, Eggs with Toast (Sandwich Buns)
Lunch: Leftover Coconut-Chipotle Chicken Thighs
Dinner: Bangin’ Shrimp Salad
Breakfast: Leftover Cereal or Sausage Balls
Lunch: Leftover Bangin’ Shrimp Salad or other leftovers from the week
Breakfast: Blueberry pancakes with any leftover sausae balls (or nitrate free bacon)
Sunday: Prep Day
- Make 4-6 batches of Ricotta Waffles & Blueberry Syrup. Since I have the waffle iron hot and the bowl and beaters dirty, why not go ahead and knock out a week of breakfasts. These waffles freeze/refrigerate well so you can just pop them in the toaster in the morning.
- I also make 3 or 4 loafs of The Easiest Bread. Loaf pans are not that expensive so I encourage you to go ahead and stick 3 loafs in at a time so you only have to heat the oven once. Make one of them a dessert bread if you like to snack on.
- Make Granola/Cereal: Cereal/Granola. Put this in the oven after bread and turn off oven. You are just trying to dehydrate it slowly anyway.
- Make the Breakfast Sausage Balls – Go ahead and cook them up. They re-heat in less than 60 seconds in microwave in mornings.
- Prep Veggies: Shred 2 heads (or more) of the cauliflower for the Pork Fried Rice Recipe and cut up another head of cauliflower for the Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Make Meatballs: Go ahead and prepare meat mixture for Spaghetti and Meatballs with Marinara Sauce and shape into balls (remember to use small scoop to make your life easy and cleaner).
- Make Sweet, Tangy & Spice BBQ Sauce
- Make Almond Butter Spice Muffin Tops
Breakfast: Use the Ricotta Waffles or Easiest Bread Ever to make a sandwich (Egg, grilled cheese, ham, etc)
Lunch: Leftovers from week
Dinner: Grilled/baked/Rotisserie chicken with Sweet, Tangy and Spicy BBQ Sauce, veggy
And don’t forget about Desserts: