Pork Fried Rice
|Zucchini diced, cauliflower shredded, onion diced, cabbage cut into chuncks,
bacon diced, ginger grated
|One way to grate cauliflower|
|Best way to grate cauliflower|
|Best way to grate ginger, place plastic wrap over small holes of grater.
Rub ginger and it will fall off of plastic wrap!
This is best order to prep so that use wait till the end to cut up bacon:
- Shred cauliflower either in food processor or with box grater
- Dice zucchini
- Dice onion
- Cut up cabbage
- Grate ginger with micro-plainer or with box grater (see picture)
- Cut up bacon
- Brown zucchini, onion and garlic in wok over medium to medium high heat (or big frying pan with high sides) with a bit of extra virgin olive oil, 5-10 minutes. Set aside. (Brown but don’t burn)
- While zucchini and onion is cooking, start cooking cabbage.
- Place cut up cabbage in large, deep sided frying pan (or large pot). Add salt, pepper and a little butter.
- Place about ½ cup water in pan and turn heat to medium. Cover with lid. Allow cabbage to steam to desired doneness, stirring occasionally. Taste for seasoning. Cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- In same pan that you cooked zucchini and onions, now cook ground pork and bacon until brown. (5-10 minutes)
- Next, add shredded cauliflower and ginger to cooked pork mixture and keep on medium heat as you stir fry the cauliflower. Don’t stir too much (but don’t burn) so you will get some of the “rice” stuck on bottom of pan (that’s the good stuff) for about 5-8 minutes, until cauliflower gets soft.
- Now add low sodium soy sauce. Stir thoroughly and taste for seasoning.
- Add zucchini and onions back to rice and pork mixture. Taste and add more soy sauce if needed.
- Next, move fried rice to one side of pan and scramble egg in same pan.
- Now mix scrambled egg with rest of ingredients.
|Cabbage cooking while zucchini and onions are cooking|