These Pumpkin Pie Poppers are perfect for any holiday party and the recipe and ingredients list are SO simple!! The recipe is SO easy, I’m not even going to bore you with excessive chit-chat!
Looking for more Pumpkin Recipes? Check out these:
Like all of my recipes, this one can be modified to fit your specific dietary needs and goals. Here are a few modifications that I KNOW will work. If you modify it in any other way, please let me know in the comments below.
- Sweetener: Use any sweetener you choose. Be sure to check out THIS post about why I use stevia and VERY small amounts of either raw honey or organic coconut sugar in recipes. As always, taste EVERY layer for sweetness and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
- Nut-Free: For nut-free, substitute ground raw sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds in the place of the almond flour, it’s that easy.
- Dairy-Free: Use ghee or expeller pressed coconut oil instead of butter.
Ok, enough talk, let’s get cookin’ and Happy Thanksgiving to you!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- 2 tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp. Stevia Select Stevia or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1 tsp. honey (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/16 tsp. Stevia Select (4-5 tiny spoons) or sweeter of choice, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. honey (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Oil the bottoms of a mini muffin pan or line with liners.
In a medium bowl add all the ingredients and stir! Taste for sweetness and adjust if needed. Using small scoop (1-1/2 tbsp.), scoop the batter into the prepared pan. If desired, top with nuts. Bake for 20 minutes then cool poppers on wire rack.
*If not using liners, let poppers cool in the pan about 10 minutes before carefully removing with a spoon.
Cream Cheese Frosting
In a medium bowl blend the cream cheese with hand mixer. Add remaining ingredients and blend until frosting is thick and smooth. Refrigerate until needed. Top cooled Pumpkin Pie Poppers with frosting using a star tip and pastry bag or small scoop.
- Nutrition including frosting and optional ingredients: 63 Calories, 5.5 grams Fat, 2.4 grams Total Carbs, .7 grams Fiber, 1.7 gram Net Carbs, 1.5 gram Protein