How can you go wrong with blueberries and cheesecake?? You can’t! This delicious cheesecake is filled with blueberries and rich cream cheese for the perfect Summertime dessert! The sweet and salty “pretzel” crust is the perfect accompaniment! The “Almost” No-Bake is because you only have to bake the crust to this cheesecake comes together really quickly!
We’re Moving… but first I’m going to GA!
Long story short, we are packing up and heading back to our old house in the city. We still have some unfinished renovations at our country house and it’s nearly impossible to get things done with a 3 year old and 15 month old. Soooo, we are moving back so we (my husband and contractors) can complete the renovations. I’m kinda excited… I’ll have neighbors again and a backyard that is fenced in for the boys but we will be leaving 4 acres on the water! We will be back but I am ready to see people again! lol Seriously, if I wasn’t able to interact with you on the blog and share my recipes, I would have gone crazy long ago! Also, the boys and I are leaving Tuesday morning heading to Georgia for my sister’s wedding. It’s going to be a long trip with 2 kiddos but luckily my niece is flying in tonight to help! I’ll be excited to see family and excited to see my sister tie the knot with a wonderful man. I’ll also be making her wedding cake, a 3-layer cheesecake! I am sure I will be making other stuff but I actually hope that I will get a little break from cooking and let everyone else have a turn… at least they have my recipes! This will be the first trip going home where most of my immediate family eats how I eat. This makes me happy! My sister and future brother-in-law gave up grains last October and combined they have lost 70 pounds, my sister’s cholesterol came down 25 points and my brother-in-law no longer has leg pains after 20+ years of daily discomforts! Oh, and my mom has lost tons of weight too! I’m pretty proud of them and they will be sharing their full testimonies on my blog very soon! Since I will be out of state for a week, I will be a little slower to answer emails and questions. Thanks in advance for your patience!
This recipe is delicious as listed but can be modified to fit your specific dietary needs and goals. Here are a few modifications that I KNOW will work. If you modify it in any other way, please let me know in the comments below.
- Sweetener: Use any sweetener you choose. Be sure to check out THIS post about why I use stevia and VERY small amounts of either raw honey or organic coconut sugar in recipes. As always, taste EVERY layer for sweetness and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
- Fruit: I used fresh blueberries but feel free to use any berry you like, fresh or frozen. Cherries, raspberries or strawberries would all be delicious.
- Nut-Free: For nut-free, substitute ground raw sunflower seeds in the place of the almond flour in the pie crust. Also use raw sunflower seeds in the place of the chopped nuts.
- Dairy-Free: Omit the cream cheese and add equal amounts of coconut cream (the cream that rises to the top of the coconut milk in a can). I used THIS brand of coconut milk. I confess, the dairy-free version doesn’t taste like cheesecake but more of a coconut-blueberry dessert.
- Individual Servings: Use a muffin tin and liners to create mini cheesecakes. Press 1-1/2 tbsp. of crust into the bottoms of your cup cake liners and bake for 10-12 minutes. After cooled, use a 3 tbsp. or 4 tbsp. scoop to divide the cheesecake batter between the cups.
- Change the Fruit: I bet this would be delicious with fresh cherries, raspberries or even peaches!
- Don’t have a spring-form pan??: No worries, simply use an 8 inch cake pan, pie plate or square pan. You can also make Blueberry Cheesecake Squares using a 9X13 inch pan. However, I would double the crust recipe. This is a thick cheesecake so you won’t need to double the filling.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp. pink salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Trader Joe's Organic Stevia or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 4 tbsp. salted butter, melted
Blueberry Cheesecake Filling
- 2-8 ounce packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Trader Joe's Stevia or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1/2 cup boiling (or very hot) water
- 1 tbsp. plus 2 tsps. gelatin (I used Great Lakes brand)
- 1 cup pure blueberry puree*
- 1-1/2 cups whole blueberries
*Approximately2 cups of blueberries blended in a blender.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, blend almond flour, pecans, salt and stevia. Stir in melted butter. Taste for sweetness and saltiness and adjust if needed. Press into the bottom of an 8-inch spring-form pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is slightly brown but not burned.
While crust is cooking, prepare the Blueberry Cheesecake Filling.
Blueberry Cheesecake Filling
In a large bowl add the cream cheese and sweetener. Blend with hand mixer until soft and creamy.
Sprinkle the gelatin over the hot water in a small bowl. Stir the gelatin until dissolved. Pour the gelatin mixture and blueberry puree into the cream cheese mixture. Blend well with mixer being sure to scrape down the sides. Taste for sweetness and adjust if needed. Stir in whole blueberries.
Once crust is partially cooled, pour the cheesecake filling over the crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
To serve: Gently slide a knife around the edge of the cheesecake pan, releasing the edges of the cheesecake. Serve cold alone or with Blueberry Compote.
- Nutrition: 185 Calories, 17 grams Fat, 5.5 Total Carbs, 1.5 grams Fiber, 4 Total Carbs, 4 grams Protein