Y’all these are AMAZING! Each bite is about 2 Net Carbs so no guilt while you enjoy these yummy chocolate-cream cheese goodness!
The key is to NOT over bake. Also, be sure to taste the batter before baking, make sure it is sweet enough for your taste. For this recipe, I would actually use a LITTLE additional sweetener to finish off the sweetness other than stevia. Stevia is great but too much will leave a bitter Brownie Bite and that ain’t no good! 🙂
Bring these to your New Years parties or put them in a pretty tin and give as a gift.
Happy New Year!
1 bite: 86 Calories, 7 grams fat, 2 net carbs, 4 grams protein
- 1 cup natural almond, cashew (my new favorite), peanut or sunflower butter (creamy)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 oz. cream cheese ,softened (or thick part of coconut milk for dairy-free)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. Stevia Select powdered Stevia or sweetener of choice to taste (sweetness equivalent to roughlt 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. of sugar)
- 1 tbsp. raw honey (optional)
- 2-4 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or sunflower seeds (for nut-free)
- **1/8 tsp salt (if nut and seed butters don't contain any)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Using papertowel, lightly oil the inside of the mini cupcake pan with coconut oil or butter.
Add all ingredients to a medium bowl (except nuts) and blend until smooth. Taste for sweetness and adjust if needed. Scoop batter (using 1 tablespoon measurement) into prepared pan, using fingers to firmly press batter down. Sprinkle with nuts or additional chocolate chips.
Bake for 6-7 minutes or just until the center starts to rise and hold shape. DO NOT overbake. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before carefully removing from pan and cooling on rack.
- *If you happen to over-bake, place them in fridge for a few days in a tightly sealed container. You will not have instant gratification but this time will add some moisture back to the bites.