Looking for a simple but delicious recipe to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers? Well if you have some extra ham, you must make make this easy casserole tonight, perfect for breakfast in the morning.
Feel free to substitute other leftover meats or even leftover vegetables instead of the spinach. If you happen to have leftover Green Bean Casserole, green beans would make a yummy addition!
If you want a little extra heat, be add a little more of the chopped chilies and if you want less, be sure to cut back on the amount. The recipe as listed is not extremely spicy but the chopped chilies do give this casserole a nice flavor.
Also consider adding more cheese or 4 oz. melted cream cheese… it only gets better!
I hope you enjoy!
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- Heaping 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2-3 tbsp. canned chopped chilies or 1 diced jalapeno (if you really like heat)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2-3/4 lbs. cooked ham, chopped in small cubes
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Whisk eggs in large bowl until blended. Add remaining ingredients, reserving 1 cup of the cheese. Stir well with spoon. Pour into a buttered 1-1/2 quart casserole dish then top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center is puffy.
Serve with sour cream and diced tomatoes.
- Nutrition: 350 Calories, 25 grams Fat, 5 Total Carbs, 2 grams Fiber, 3 Net Carbs, 25 grams Protein